GRDC supported workshops for agronomists on the science underpinning how herbicides work and its application to field practice.
These workshops will focus on the biological pathways and environmental factors that influence herbicide performance, along with interactions that may occur when products are mixed and will be delivered by ICAN Senior Consultant Mark Congreve.
Herbicide resistance is also changing product use. In many situations, products and mixtures that previously worked are now less effective.
Participants will leave with a better understanding of the key factors dictating herbicide performance and what can be done in the paddock to ensure weed control is maximised.
Knowing what weeds will be controlled from a herbicide application is the easy bit – it’s on the label.
More challenging questions include:
- Why do herbicides perform or fail in some situations? How do environmental factors influence this?
- What can happen when we tank mix?
- Critical comments on the label. Why are they important?
- How do adjuvants and water conditioning agents work? What should be used, when and why?
- How does resistance affect different herbicides? What strategies can be used as resistance emerges?
- How do residual herbicides work and what influences their breakdown?
Dates and locations:
- Clare, SA - Tuesday 20 & Wednesday 21 February 2024
Clare Valley Country Club, White Hut Rd, Clare 5453
- Murray Bridge, SA - Thursday 22 & Friday 23 February 2024
Bridgeport, 2 Bridge St, Murray Bridge SA 5253
- Naracoorte, SA - Tuesday 12 & Wednesday 13 March 2024
The Members Clubrooms, Naracoorte P&A Society, 171 Smith St, Naracoorte, SA 5271
- Ballarat, VIC - Thursday 14 & Friday 15 March 2024
Ballarat Function Centre, 401 Sutton St, Redan, VIC 3350
- Esperance, WA - Monday 25 & Tuesday 26 March 2024
Esperance Yacht Club, The Esplanade, Esperance WA 6450
- Perth, WA - Wednesday 27 & Thursday 28 March 2024
Ingot Hotel, 285 Great Eastern Hwy, Belmont WA 6104
- Parkes, NSW - Monday 26 & Tuesday 27 August 2024
Parkes Services Club, 9-17 Short Street Parkes NSW 2870
- Albury, NSW - Wednesday 28 & Thursday 29 August 2024
Atura Albury, 648 Dean St, Albury, NSW 2640
- Moree, NSW - Tuesday 10 & Wednesday 11 September 2024
Moree Services Club, 3 Albert Street, Moree, NSW
- Dalby, Qld - Thursday 12 & Friday 13 September 2024
BMO Accountants, 178 Drayton St, Dalby QLD 4405
Please note: Workshop numbers will beare capped to ensure effective participation. Workshop registrations will be accepted on a first-in basis and a ‘wait list’ will be established for workshops that sell out.
Online registration is available below. If you would like to register multiple people from the same organisation, please contact us for a group booking.
Additional workshops and locations will be added based on demand. Please click the button below to express your interest in additional workshops.
For further information email@example.com or Ph: 02 9482 4930.