GRDC Spray Days cover the latest developments in spray application technology and stewardship for grain growers and their advisers. GRDC Spray Days provide a platform for growers to interact with industry to hear about, see and discuss spray technology innovations with industry experts, enabling growers to make more informed decisions on spray equipment investment and how to use technology for optimum benefit.
Mornings were formatted as presentations and discussions with topics selected by a local panel. In the afternoon trade display session, growers can focus in on the technologies they are most interested in, with direct access to leading industry technology providers. PDF of slides for each of the series are available below.
Notes from 2022 and 2023 Spray Days
- Hazardous inversion factsheet
- Weather essentials for pesticide application
- Meteorological principles influencing pesticide application – a technical manual
- Pulse width modulation sprayers – what have we learnt?
- Maintaining efficacy with larger droplets - 2,4-D application requirements
- Understanding post-emergent herbicide weed control – a technical manual (other resources on herbicide behaviour and spray adjuvants also at this web page)
- Wand - Log in
- Spray Drift - GRDC
- Webinar recording GRDC Grains Research Update, online – The new inversion tower network and reducing spray drift risk
In addition to the above, the GRDC website contains a very large range of spray application resources on many aspects of spray application and drift risk management.
Website resources from technology companies who supported GRDC Spray Days in 2022 and 2023